SS0808 is a UHF EPC Gen2 RFID device featuring temperature-sensing functionality, data logging and real-time data processing. Thanks to the large supply voltage, the device can be powered with a single-cell paper or thin battery, making SS0808 an ideal device for advanced battery-assisted labels.
The chip has an integrated temperature sensor and can be interfaced to an additional capacitive sensor (for measurement of RH, gas concentration, etc.).
SS0808 is suited for long-time monitoring thanks to the 8-kB internal memory. The embedded data-processing capability allows real-time calculation of parameters such as the remaining shelf-life of tagged item. The quality of the storage of the item in the supply chain must be readily and precisely assessed. The download of the complete data-log (up to 8kB) may thus be performed off-line when a fault in the supply chain (affecting the shelf-life of the item) is detected
- High precision temperature accuracy (±0.2°C)
- Wide temperature span (-40÷85°C)
- Low supply voltage (down to 1.2V)
- Battery charge monitor
- UHF EPC Gen2 (ISO 18000-6/C)
- 860-960MHz input frequency
- High reading range (-20 dBm sensitivity)
- User configurable RF sensitivity
- Selectable data-sampling period from 1 sec. to 18 hours
- Large internal memory for data logging (8 kB)
- External capacitive sensor (RH, gas, etc.)
- High accuracy Internal timer (±0.5%)
- Additional timer with external 32.768kHz XTAL.
- Embedded 8051 µProc. for real-time data processing.
8kB ROM for shelf life algorithms and firmware
- Monitory and inventory of items sensitive to temperature or other environmental param.s
- Food and Pharmaceutical supply chains
- Monitoring of medical and chemical products
- Long-range shipment monitoring logging
- Checking of temperature and other critical parameters (RH, gas, etc.) in supply chain